Giro Aether Spherical Helmet Yellow/Black
When Giro set its aim at designing the groundbreaking Aether MIPS Helmet, it's goal was to create the safest road helmet it could, without making any sacrifices to weight, comfort, aerodynamics, or ventilation. In typical Giro fashion, it exceeded expectations at every objective and the Aether provides the discerning cyclist a stylish lid with absolutely zero compromises. You'll certainly notice them atop the Team BMC pros at this year's Tour, providing them with the protection they need during the chaotic sprint finishes that define the start of the 3-week race, and while plummeting down high-speed descents on exposed, narrow, hairpin roads, all the while keeping them from overheating while the sun bakes down on the French countryside.
The most revolutionary feature on the Aether is the all-new MIPS Spherical protection system. By now, we're all pretty familiar with how standard MIPS works, using a plastic liner inside the helmet to act as a slip-plane, helping to redirect the impact energy at certain angles. With MIPS Spherical, the principles are the same, however, instead of that slip plane sitting against your head, often compromising the fit and choking off much-needed ventilation, two layers of foam on the outside of the helmet slide against one another becoming the essential components allowing for the MIPS mechanics.
- A helmet that's big on safety and small on sacrifices
- In-Mold construction fuses the laser-cut shell to the EPS foam
- Roc Loc 5 Plus offers quick, customized adjustments
- 11 huge vents with deep channeling keep you cooler
- Sunglass ports hold shades on climbs and periods on low-light
- MIPS Spherical moves the slip-plane externally
- Helps to redirect the energy of certain impact forces
- Ages 5 and older